The year of our Lord 2017 was a banner year for the #PulpRev crowd. In addition to picking up a lot of new talent, and a lot of established talent, the Bad Kids Table in the sci-fi cafeteria produced more great content than one man could possibly read. After a nearly decade long dry spell, my personal backlog continues to grow – both in novels and short story collection form.
Moving in to 2018 I’ve got a list that looks like this:
- Kai Wai Cheah’s “No Gods, Only Daimons“
- Dominika Lien’s “We, The Two“
- Yakov Merkin’s “A Greater Duty“
- The entire “Galaxy’s Edge” series – despite having sworn off epic series in 2017.
- Hans Schantz “Ramblin’ Wreck“
- Brian Niemeier’s “Hymn of the Pearl“
And that’s just what’s out right now. We’re going to see all of these authors drop more books in 2018, and we haven’t even gotten to the Magazines:
- A couple of Cirsova, naturally
- A couple of StoryHack, for obvious reasons
- Maybe even a Broadswords and Blasters issue. I’ve been remiss in not giving them a shot. They edge a little too close to being ashamed of liking the bad old authors that I love, but we’ve bounced ideas around on Twitter, and they seem like a good crew.
I’m missing a few, I know it. There’s just too much good stuff out there to remember it all in one sitting, and together we’re going to have a great time exploring and discussing all of it.
Here’s hoping your 2018 is as jam packed with great reading as mine is shaping up to be!